Friday, September 5, 2014

Welcome to Allegro Vines!  My name is Nelson Stewart and I am the Vineyard Manager at Allegro Vineyards in Brogue PA where we like to say we are not in the middle of nowhere but you can see it from the winery.  I have over 25 years volunteering and working in cellars and vineyards in MD and PA with the last 12 years as a full-time vineyard manager.  By a very early age I showed talent on the violin and developed those skills into a successful career as a professional orchestral violinist in both Europe and the USA.  In 2002 I swapped my hobby with my profession which is how I came to be at Allegro.

Enough!  I hope to give regular updates of life in the vineyard and what I observe and learn as the season moves along.  Questions and observations from readers will be much appreciated and hopefully make interesting reading for you. This is a great time to start a blog because a most of the repetitious hard work of the summer is over and we are just weeks away from the start of harvest. Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment